To Raise a Banner of Flame
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
July 2000 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
State of the Code
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Monsters seem to be moving from their old habitats in the Direlands to northern Osteth. Do you suppose this has something to do with the earthquakes?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The sky is turning strange colors again..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hope is not lost for those making suits of gemstone armor. The master smiths, though intimidated by the campaign of terror, promise to keep working to develop armor comparable to what they once made."
- Town Crier tells you, "Is it just me, or do you feel the ground shaking from time to time?"
- Town Crier tells you, "A friend of mine was portal-stormed out of a dungeon yesterday!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Fear me! I wield a board with a nail in it!"
- Town Crier tells you, "So have you found the formulas for those spectacular new War Magic spells?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Lugians are mining some strange ore in the south mountains. My archmage friend is very concerned."
- Town Crier tells you, "People are saying that a shadowy figure with a smoky katar killed the three gemstone armor smiths. Repeatedly."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have a cousin who studies the earth and he says we are having... tec-ton-ic anomalies. What does that mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the spear-wielder found a very powerful new spear the other day! It has three points and looks quite fearsome."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Wool Fez of Cooking Mastery! I should start a catering service!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard the story of the undead mace master who doesn't realize he is dead? He is a sad, strange little man."
- Town Crier tells you, "I found some very nice boots in the wilderness recently. Much more protective than what I could buy in a shop."
- Town Crier tells you, "The master smiths who forged gemstone armor were all slain repeatedly! They are now so weak they cannot craft the armor with its original strength!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oswald was sighted on Aerlinthe Island yesterday!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I killed the armor smiths. They annoyed me, with all their attitude about making these elite suits or armor. I'm pretty spry for an old man, huh?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw the strangest thing in the northern forests. Huge blue auroch and a big Monouga named Paul."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Kimchi cures vitae, you know. Good stuff, so it is."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, " I hear tell that a family of Tremendous Monougas now lives under the Obsidian Span."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear tell that Bael'Zharon's parents were drunkards, and they would tie him up in the trees for their drunken fun. That's why he's so poorly adjusted."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been getting... some reports... of portal storms... Asheron... is fixing... the portal network... I love Asheron... I've got mail!"
New UI and Game Changes
- Squelch functions have been updated. See the Release Note for details.
- User Interface
- The maximum stacking size for spell components has been increased to 100 and for craft items to 50.
- Ambient sound upgrade project has begun. The center of the Obsidian Plain and volcanic regions have received love in this update.
- Loot: New mace and spear weapons introduced
- Nail with Board (mace) dropped by Drudges, Lugians and Tumeroks.
- Spiked Club (mace)
- Swordstaff (spear)
- Trident (spear)
- Shadow Armor Quest - GSA is reduced by 40AL, MSA is reduced by 10AL and LSA is increased by 10AL.
- Sword of Lost Light Quest - The sword can now be upgraded with fire infusions.
- Faladha the Emissary - 17.0S 57.4W at Chalicmere Castle
- Garaena the Emissary - 87.7S, 65.6W at Tombs of the Sand Kings
- Jhen Gau the Souvenir Hawker - 84.3N 45.0E on Aerlinthe
- Mi Krau-Li - inside Krau Li's Labyrinth
- Repair Golem - 85.5N 43.4E inside Aerlinthe Lower Reservoir
- Smithing Golem - 88.8N 42.8E inside Tenkarrdun Foundry
- Alean the Steel Forger - Now found at Eastham Lifestone (18.5N, 62.8E)
- Feruza ibn Salaq - 76.0N, 49.1W at the Beach Fort
- Jibril ibn Rashid - Now found at Al-Jalima Lifestone (7.1N, 3.0E)
- Koga Hideki - Now found at Kara Lifestone (82.9S, 46.0E)
- Aerlinthe Island
- Battlefield of Ayn Tayan - 41.3S, 52.6E
- Beach Fort - 76.0N, 49.1W
- Catacombs of the Forgotten 17.3N, 32.8E, southeast of Glenden Wood
- Krau Li's Labyrinth - 35.2S, 23.8E, northeast of Xarabydun
- Lugian Mines - 73.9S, 39.0E, northeast of the Linvak Tukal
- Lugian Quarry - 64.5S, 55.6E, near High Mountain Valley
- Lugian Excavations - 77.0S, 64.3E, southwest of Mayoi
- Chalicmere Fortress
- Crater Caves Dungeon - Lava section at the bottom redesigned to forges, chests nerfed, Pyreal Forge Bellows added
|Drudge Board with Nail||Lugian Board with Nail||Tumerok Board with Nail|
|Jhen Gau the Souvenir Hawker|
|Aerlinthe Patron Shirt||Aerlinthe Monarch Shirt|
|Lady Aerfalle Quest|
|Pyreal Forge Bellows||Sluice Gate Bar||Unreadable Scroll||Sacrificial Dagger|
|Black Boulder||Ring of the Watchman||Ashen Key||Lady of Aerlinthe's Chest|
|Aerfalle's Pallium||Ashbane||Staff of Aerfalle|
|Mi Krau-Li's Jitte Quest|
|Mi Krau-Li Rumor||Note from Mi Krau-Li||Brodor's Epitaph||Mi Krau-Li's Sarcophagus|
|Mi Krau-Li's Jitte||Mi Krau-Li's Improved Jitte|
|Sword of Lost Light Infusions|
|Blue Fire Infusion||Red Fire Infusion||White Fire Infusion|
|White Phyntos Wasp Wing|
|Aerlinthe Record||Aerfalle's Letter||Concerning the Revelations of Anti-Magic|
|Practical Applications of Chorizite||Smith's Note|
- Aerlinthe Recall
- Camping Ineptitude
- Curse of Black Fire
- Extinguish Creature Magic Self
- Extinguish Creature Magic Other
- Extinguish Item Magic
- Extinguish Life Magic Self
- Extinguish Life Magic Other
- Cleanse Creature Magic Self
- Cleanse Creature Magic Other
- Cleanse Item Magic
- Cleanse Life Magic Self
- Cleanse Life Magic Other
- Devour Creature Magic Self
- Devour Creature Magic Other
- Devour Item Magic
- Devour Life Magic Self
- Devour Life Magic Other
- Purge Creature Magic Self
- Purge Creature Magic Other
- Purge Item Magic
- Purge Life Magic Self
- Purge Life Magic Other
- Shadows - All Shadow creatures are now transparent black.
Click image for full size version.