The Widening Gyre
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
October 2001 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
Letter to the Players 2
Letter to the Players 3
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "To furnish the houses built by the Arcanum, furniture vendors have appeared in Zaikhal, Hebian-To, and Cragstone!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Cooks have created new sweets based on a strange, sweet food carried by Monougas!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Agents of an organization called the Arcanum have built houses that they will rent out to Derethians in exchange for some very specific quest item.
- Town Crier tells you, "The great armorsmiths of each race have developed new, fabulously ornate regalia masks!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Alchemists of Dereth have developed their craft further! They can now brew health and mana elixirs that are a little different, and maybe a little better, than the ones available from merchants!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I think Ill go ahead and buy myself some furniture... But first, I suppose, I have to figure out what it is those Arcanum agents want. They're so picky about what they'll take!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Those new regalia masks sure are impressive..."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the alchemist is much more in demand with his monarchy now that hes learned how to make those handy trade elixirs!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you tried one of those tasty candy bars? Chocolate and a scrumptious gooey filling!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the archmage got himself a new Ursuin mask! I've never seen him looking so shaggy!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I hate this time of year. I always get pumpkin stains on my robe..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been to Steiner's Recliners. Nice wares. Versatile solutions to pre-urban living."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, a new island, huh? You're all excited about it, huh? Here's one important question you have to ask yourself: Does it have Ulgrim on it? That should tell you all you need to know."
New UI and Game Changes
- Alchemists can now develop Health and Mana elixirs.
- Game Concepts
- Furniture vendors have been introduced.
- Upon leveling, characters now immediately replenish HP, Mana, and Stamina totals.
- The Olthoi have received new artwork.
- Masks and Guises
- New seasonal masks have been added.
- [Player name] has struck down Levistras, the Speaker of the New Directive! All across Dereth, Virindi recoil as the leader of their movement falls, severed from the Singularity. The other members of the Virindi inner circle go into hiding...
- "No! The New Singularity was so close to completion! This is not an acceptable outcome!"
- Heritage Masks - 2nd tier of masks added.
- Agent of the Arcanum
- Alexander's Apprentice - 17.4N, 63.5E in Eastham
- Janda's Apprentice - 7.4N, 4.6E in Al-Jalima
- Tsua's Apprentice - 28.8S, 59.4E in Sawato
- Bartholomew Steiner - 24.6N, 47.1E near Cragstone
- Ecorto the Lost Director - 13.7N 0.1E in Zaikhal
- Jordan Ibn'Ikia - 13.2N, 0.3E near Zaikhal
- Jubei Minawoto - 39.4S, 82.8E in Hebian-To
- Jordan's Apprentice Craftsman - 13.2N, 0.3E near Zaikhal
- Jubei's Apprentice Craftsman - 39.4S, 82.8E in Hebian-To
- Steiner's Apprentice Craftsman - 24.6N, 47.1E near Cragstone
- Seat of the New Singularity
- Singular Pyreal Repository - 77.3S, 51.6E near Kara
- Singular Chorizite Repository - 55.9S 64.8W near Wai Jhou
- Singular Obsidian Repository - 4.2S, 8.9E near Samsur
- Portals to Marae Lassel appear in various towns:
- Abandoned Mine - The locked gate has been removed.
|2001/10 - Virindi Director Levistras (Live Event)|
|Translated Singular Chorizite Note||Translated Singular Obsidian Note|
|Translated Singular Pyreal Note||Shroud of Levistras|
|Heritage Masks (Tier 2)|
|Broken Virindi Inquisitor Mask||Virindi Inquisitor's Mask||Koji's Beast|
|Veil of Darkness||Pwyll's Crown|
|Milk Chocolate Candy Bar||Candied Apple|
|Trade Mana Elixir||Trade Health Elixir|
|Monougat||Mud Golem Heart||Water Golem Heart|
- Pyreal - New Icon.
- Olthoi - Updated with new artwork.
Click image for full size version.