The Temple of Liazk Itzi
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___|
More commonly known as Blackmire 2, this quest has four level ranges: 40 - 59, 60 - 79, 80 - 99, and 100+
- Note: If you are soloing this quest you must be in a fellowship to claim the reward at the end.
- Before heading out, Buy 1 Dragonsblood from your local archmage.
- Go to 40.7S, 11.8E - the former location of Fadsahil al-Tashbi the Master Archmage
- Use the odd-looking vine to be teleported into the Antechamber of Liazk Itzi.
Antechamber of Liazk Itzi
- Hand your Dragonsblood to the statue and go through the door it opens.
- There are 4 statues. Use the one designated for your level range to be teleported into Liazk Itzi Guardians:
- Northwest - Levels 40 to 59
- Southwest - Levels 60 to 79
- Northeast - Levels 80 to 99
- Southeast - Levels 100 and up
Liazk Itzi Guardians
- At the entrance, take the first right. From then on there is only one path to the end. The dungeon is full of a single type of Falatacot undead:
- There are several doors opened by levers. The lever is always in the hallway very close to the door. Near the end you will come to a large room full of undead and two paths down. Both lead to the final room. Use the statue in this final room to be teleported to Lair of Liazk Itzi.
Lair of Liazk Itzi
- There are two options - jump down a hole and run past/fight a gauntlet of Slithis, or complete a jumping puzzle to avoid the monsters. Should you fall in the jumping puzzle, you will land in pit lined with flying dagger traps. There is a lever in the north end of the pit room will open a door to the south, and once out of the pit you'll have to fight slithis to reach the end of this section.
- After passing the jumping puzzle or creatures, use the statue at the intersection to be teleported to Liazk Itzi's Offering Room.
Liazk Itzi's Offering Room
- This next area is a test of speed. The dungeon is small and contains no creatures. One person must use all three Eye statues fast enough to activate the Strange Device.
- TIP: After using an eye, jump to break the animation and exit the room before the door closes. Being in combat or casting mode when using the eye will achieve this effect as well.
- When the three eyes have been used fast enough, use the strange device and all members of the fellowship will be teleported to Halls of Liazk Itzi.
Halls of Liazk Itzi
- This section is full of Burun. There are 3 larger rooms, one to the northwest, one to the north, and one to the northeast. A Special burun boss randomly spawns in one of these rooms.
- Once the Burun boss is dead, use the statue in the the mid wing to be teleported to Liazk Itzi's Crypt.
Liazk Itzi's Crypt
- Claim your rewards in this section. Use the Sarcophagus of High Matriarch, Liazk Itzi to obtain the Bracers, and then use one of the other objects in the room to claim another reward.
|Antechamber of Liazk Itzi||--||--||6243||--||--|
|Liazk Itzi Guardians||--||--||6244||--||--|
|Lair of Liazk Itzi||--||--||6243||--||--|
|Liazk Itzi's Offering Room||--||--||6244||--||--|
|Halls of Liazk Itzi||--||--||6246||--||--|
|Liazk Itzi's Crypt||--||--||6246||--||--|
|Dragonsblood||Sarcophagus of High Matriarch, Liazk Itzi|
|Rewards: Armor and Weapons|
|Ancient Armored Bracers||Bladed Bow of Impaling||Fist of Massacre|
|Vein-Thirst Kukri||Vile Scourge|
Lore & Dialog
Dizziness and nausea wash over you. For a brief moment you feel as though your body is being torn asunder as it is pulled into the torrent of portal space.
Odd Looking Vine teleports you with Antechamber of Liazk Itzi.
Guardian tells you, "You have entered the sacred halls of Liazk Itzi, the sleeping High Matriarch of the lush and fertile Iktzil Delta. The High Matriarch sleeps and you are not of the spirits that make this temple their home. Your business then must be to bring the sacrifices that will awaken the High Matriarch and allow her to reclaim this land once more."
Guardian tells you, "Beyond the door that I guard are guardians of the tunnels that lead to her resting place. They stand vigil over the spirits who were tasked to defend her temple in her absence. You may prove yourself worthy of entrance to the halls beyond by answering the riddle she has devised."
Guardian tells you, "I shall act as arbiter for her and I am prepared to receive the answer that you will posit. Know this. Failure to answer this correctly will allow me to feed, and I am ever so hungry. Listen carefully, and hand me that which you believe is the answer to the High Matriarch's riddle only when you are certain. The High Matriarch wishes that the sacrifices brought to her are hers, and not mine."
Guardian tells you, "The riddle is as follows: Blood of flesh has sealed me and blood can see my locks undone. Though blood came first from opened flesh, the blood to see my joints unbound is found when ground is opened."
You give Guardian Dragonsblood.
Guardian tells you, "You have answered the riddle correctly and may pass through the door. The door will close within ten grains. Move quickly."
You feel your form being torn asunder.
Guardian of the High Matriarch teleports you with Lair of Liazk Itzi.
Guardian teleports you with Liazk Itzi Guardians.
You feel your form being torn asunder.
Guardian of the High Matriarch teleports you with Liazk Itzi's Offering Room.
60 - 79:
Eye of the Watcher cast Poison Health on you
Eye of the Watcher cast EnervateBeing on you
Eye of the Watcher cast Blight Mana on you
The room shudders and a thunderclap sounds about you. Something has been summoned.
Strange Device teleports you with Halls of Liazk Itzi.
You cleave Burun Ruuk Seer Watcher in twain!
As the Burun dies, assailed by your blows, you feel changed.
Defender of Liazk Itzi's Crypt teleports you with Liazk Itzi's Crypt.
Reward room if not in fellow:
You are not able to wrest the bracers from the cold grasp of the matron alone.
Another grave robber has looted this crypt. There is nothing here for you.
There is nothing here for those who have not sacrificed or worked to restore the High Matriarch.