Sins of the Fathers
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
December 2008 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Is winter here yet? I mean, people are giving each other presents, but there's no snow yet... Is it because of the ley lines?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some particularly rare and vicious beasts have been reported in the vicinity of Freebooter Isle and the Moarsman Island."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The proprietors of the casinos have opened up a new gaming den! Go to Sanamar to see the exciting new game"
- Town Crier tells you, "The holiday season is a time for presents and giant well wrapped boxes containing presents."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is word from knowledgeable sources that the vile Falatacot Patriarchs serving T'thuun are planning something big..."
- Town Crier tells you, "A close family friend of mine discovered some giant gift on his way to visit me for the holiday season. I wonder if there are more gifts around Dereth?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Activity has picked up in the snowfolk village of Frosthaven again, even though the first winter snow has not yet arrived. Everything's out of sorts in Dereth! Won't someone fix the ley lines?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard? Alchemists are now able to create a newer, more powerful set of mana phials for use in combat. Speak with Janier al-Evv in the Arcanum compound near Xarabydun for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Scholars have commented that the movement of stars and the resonance of the ley lines points to some kind of major convergence of powers... Will the servants of T'thuun do something disastrous? We must all be vigilant..."
- Town Crier tells you, "The new entertainment to be found at Sanamar is a monster arena! Place bets on fierce Derethian and non-Derethian wildlife as they fight to the death!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the societies have taken particular interest in the powerful and elusive new creatures stalking Freebooter Isle and Moarsman Island. They may have set their recruits to hunting them. If you do belong to a society, wink wink nudge nudge, you may want to see about the rewards."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ayup, some kind of reckoning with that primitive demon is coming. Can't you feel the tension in the air? Can't you hear the thrum of power coursing through the ley lines of Dereth? Can't you taste the stink of catastrophic magic, building in the dark corners of the world? Can't you smell the stink of dirty socks?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I, for one, welcome the new global warming that's come along with the higgledy-piggledy in the ley lines. Let T'thuun and his gang of redheaded stepchildren keep widdling into the mana pool, as long as it keeps my robe from freezing to the ground again. Of course, if they start messing with the stout supply, then I'll have to go and kick some tentacle butt."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd go to Sanamar myself to bet on some of those monster fights, but there's a dangerous stout oversupply that is threatening the economic foundations of this town, and someone's got to suck a few up for the team."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, so the alchemists have made even more powerful throwing phials, eh? Am I the only one who thinks it's a very bad idea to have even more destructive phials in the hands of people who aren't properly trained in the art of thrown weapons?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The only giant gift box I want would be full of ale!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Easy guys, I drink my stout just like the rest of you - one sip at a time. Except, once my mug's empty, I make gold gromnies."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I found a nicely packaged little gift box the other day. I was tempted to open it, but I resisted the temptation. The last time I opened up a strange gift that some stranger had left for me, I ended up on this godforsaken world."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No, wait, that's how I ended up naked and penniless in Canfield with a big bruise on my forehead. I ended up here because I drunkenly stumbled into a portal, thinking it was a clever new kind of outhouse."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went out to Snowhaven the other day. I magnanimously tried to share some stout with one of the snowmen out there, but he just kind of melted into a puddle of stouty goo. Those snowfolk, just can't hold their liquor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's a time for giving and I hear someone has left giant gift boxes around Dereth. Mine was full of ale."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Of course it only lasted me a day."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "New, more powerful throwing phials? Bad idea. It's hazardous enough with the phials people already carry around. Ever seen a bar fight when some phial-flinging macehead falls on his drunken behind? I've gotten very practiced at using my mug to cover my pretty face, when the shards of glass go flying."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh ho, so there are supposed to be rare monsters stalking the societies' private hunting reserves, eh? You know what that is? It's a scam to keep people from wanting to visit there! Just like how I tell everyone how terrible Berkholt's stout is, so there'll be more for me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oops. Berkholt didn't hear that, did he?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, winter is my favorite time of year... Especially that magical night when good little boys and girls get delivered a gift of sausage by - no, wait, that's not it, I'm thinking of the wrong holiday."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "T'thuun's coming! Bring it on! I'm tired of running from him! He can send whatever kind of patriarch goons he wants to collect my gambling debts! I still say that match I bet on was rigged! Never trust an archdemon to honestly promote a fight."
- Harvest Reapers, Pumpkin Lords, Scarecrows, and Old Gravestones can still be found appearing on the landscape.
- The festival decorations and NPCs in Glenden Wood, including the Majestic Pumpkin, are now gone. They were available only briefly after the patch went live. This means that, even though players can still find and kill Harvest Reapers, Pumpkin Lords, and Old Zombies, they cannot complete the quests because the NPCs are now missing.
- Undead Attack on Al-Jalima has also ceased. Like the festival stuff in Glenden Wood, it was still available briefly when the patch first went live.
- A powerful servant of T'thuun has arrived at the Moarsman Fort at 28.9S, 92.8E! The foul Sclavus is consecrating a totem to the Patriarchs of the Blight, to spread T'thuun's corruption across the face of Dereth!
- Enraged by the desecration of their totems, the Patriarchs begin their Summoning Ritual to release Tthuun.
- Queen Elysa calls all willing to fight the Patriarchs to meet at the Eastham Meeting Hall.
- T'Thuun's Marauders reactivated for a special one night event.
- A whisper carried on the wind catches your ear.
- "We are the Patriarchs of T'thuun. Do not interfere with our scouts or we will bring His wrath down upon your cities."
- Champion Bullgara - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Chief Grogbash - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Darcusch the Barbarian - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Elysa Strathelar (Live 2008 12 12)
- Glormigoth - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Hea Tnakarea - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Hiro Sawatogo - Eldrytch Web Stronghold, South Room. (Rare Island Trophies)
- Kerthump the Ear Taker - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Korgluuk of Bur - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Marek al-Evv - Radiant Blood Stronghold, South Room. (Rare Island Trophies)
- Monster Fight Bookie - 72.8N 60.7W just north of Sanamar. (Monster Fights)
- Narthran Two-Blades - Celestial Hand Stronghold, South Room. (Rare Island Trophies)
- Royal Scout (Patriarch's Valley)
- Warrior Corthos - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- Monster Fight Cage - 72.8N 60.7W just north of Sanamar.
- Patriarch's Valley
- Patriarch's Valley Portal
- The Carenzi Race Track has new pennants displaying a carenzi head on a trophy. See here for a screenshot.
- The twelve raid locations from the T'Thuun's Marauders quest have had all T'Thuun spawn removed and the pyramids/devices are gone as well.
|Pack T'thuun||Rare Pack T'thuun|
|New Mana Forge Keys|
|Boxed Mana Forge Key||Strengthened Mana Forge Key|
|Gift Box||Polar Ursuin Lair|
|Rare Island Trophies|
|Moarsman Blight-caller's Severed Head||Tch'Keryk the Emissary's Severed Head||Tchk'Tain the Tender's Severed Head||Giant Blessed Moarsman's Severed Head|
|Monster Fight Ticket|
- Auberean's Sentinel (Live Event)
- Dereth's Elite (Live Event)
- Seasonal Seeker
- Bane of the Blight
- Defender of the Deru
- Notes: The Giant Blessed Moarsman, Moarsman Blight-caller and Tch'Keryk the Emissary are Rare Spawns. Also Nivinizk T'thuunixis is an alternate version from his original appearance during a live event.
Click image for full size version.
- Spells such as Tusker Sprint and Tusker Leap have become uncastable, even with maxed casting skill:
- Your magic skill is not high enough to have much chance of success at this spell.
- May not be a bug, but the NPC in Eastham, Asheron's Investigator still gives no reward for the T'Thuun's Marauders quest.
- Asheron's Investigator tells you, "My Master Asheron has been in discussions with your Queen about the Patriarch Raids. She sent Scouts out to collect the same stones the Patriarchs sent their minions to collect. Once we have enough of the stones to test we may be able to discern the Patriarch's reasons for collecting them."
- Asheron's Investigator tells you, "Help the Royal Scouts collect the stones and then return to me."
- For some users the cage at the Monster Fights has opaque hazy textures or solid black that obscure or hide completely the interior, regardless of texture settings. Others are able to see into the cage. The texture seems to be related to another texture (it changes when revisting the location, has been brown, tan, dark green, black, and red).
- Monster Fights Creature killed a bystander player. When standing near the cage and at the end of the fight, the winner slew a player.
- Monster Fights Players can attack the creatures.
- At 409 buffed Creature Enchantment, when you try to cast Tusker Leap you get: "Your magic skill is not high enough to have much chance of success at this spell."
- All channels except allegiance frequently fail to open correctly when logging in.