Secrets of the Apostates
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
May 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Client Update: 4,480K
Patch Size: 1,041K
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "The Crystalline Crag is under attack again! More of those crazy Wisps are rising from the earth!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There is word that the Arcanum is investigating the Virindi Apostates and their stockpiles of a mysterious new metal. Seek out Ned the Clever in Zaikhal for more info."
- Town Crier tells you, "A number of old quests are seeing new action! In particular, the Fiun and the people tracking down Aerbax's prodigal children are offering new incentives for help!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Dereth Explorers' Society has updated its list of points of interest!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Spell component exchangers have set up shop at the mana forges!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has updated his bounties. Seek him in Holtburg for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! A new dungeon for the murderers among us have opened! Head to Baishi for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about the spell component exchangers? A group of Viamontian entrepreneurs have taken residence at the mana forges to allow people to gamble for top tier spell components."
- Town Crier tells you, "If traveling and exploration is your hobby, seek out Sean the Speedy in Holtburg. His Explorers' Society has marked ten new locations in Dereth. Here's a hint: look for craters."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you ever helped the Fiun with Abayar's laboratory, or their healing machine, took part in sealing Gaerlan's phylacteric prison, or hunted the Olthoi and Mosswart children of Aerbax, you may wish to go back... I have heard that the citizens seeking assistance with those problems have increased the rewards they offer."
- Town Crier tells you, "The folk of the Crystalline Crag need more help against more powerful Wisp invaders! I hear tell they're now offering a title..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Intrepid wild game hunters should go to Holtburg and speak with Rand the Hunter about the latest bounties. Here's a hint, bring your towel, because you'll be hitting the beaches."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about Ned the Clever? He's a well-traveled researcher from the Arcanum who claims to have a line on what the Apostate Virindi are planning to do with all that Aetherium they've been stockpiling. Find his tent in Zaikhal if you are curious."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about this killers' arena that opened up in Baishi? Apparently worshippers of Bael'Zharon can now fight each other for prizes. How barbaric."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I admit it's been a while since I was drunk enough to come near his cave, but do you think Pookie's acting a little odd these days? Maybe just a little different?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I got a title for killing Wisps at the Crystalline Crag! Yep, you can now call me Ulgrim the Wisp Whisperer. No, wait, that wasn't it. Whispering Drunk? No, that's not it either... I bet a stout will jog my memory. That's a hint, kid, get me some stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, leave Aerbax's experimental Mosswart kid alone. He's such a homely lad, no wonder he acts out."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh ho, went to Baishi myself to see about this killer arena. Nothing to it! I claimed trophies from everyone there. Used the winnings to buy a year's supply of stout. That was last week, though. Who's going to keep me in stout now? Maybe it'll be you, eh?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Why yes, I did check up on those folks in Mar'uun. Strangely quiet out there. I mean really quiet, and really strange."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I talked to Rand about his bounty list. Seems a little single-minded this month, doesn't he? I asked him what his obsession with coral was about. The hostile git, he took a swing at me with some giant club and ran off screaming about how he was ancient Lono, returned from his slumber."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll tell you the secret to surviving in that new killer arena, kid. Douse yourself in stout. Armor, underclothes, everything. It repels lightning, puts out fire, neutralizes acid, and... well, okay, it freezes to you in uncomfortable ways when someone hits you with frost. Still, three out of four ain't bad, eh?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been working on some Olthoi Bait in case they decide to come back. Through long and arduous testing I've discovered that they can't resist stuffed mushrooms. Just walk through a dungeon dropping those things in a line and you can ambush a whole swarm while they're gobbling them up."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, the Fiun need help with their healing machine again! I realize they're kinda dense in the head, but maybe they should let that one go already."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, the Virindi are loading up on Aetherium ore, no doubt about it. But the Arcanum's barking up the wrong tree. The Virindi are stockpiling the ore because Aetherium fumes are what floats their cloaks, if you know what I mean."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So yeah, those rebel Virindi are getting riled up again. Building fortresses, making plans to conquer the world... What are we calling them now? Apostates? Fancy word. I didn't even know Virindi had apostates."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "When I heard that people could gamble for advanced spell components, I naturally assumed they were working for Monty's gambling den. So I hustled over to Monty's to see. Didn't find any component exchangers. Just got a kick in the pants from Monty. That's right, he said I'm not allowed to gamble there any more. I guess I scare the regulars."
- Nexus Crawl - Start by talking to Ned the Clever. Reward is 297 mill and Nexus Crawler's Mask.
- PvP Arena Quest - New Player Killer arena with a new set Arena weapons available and new mechanics.
- Progenitors' Lair - New 130+ dungeon at bottom of Crystalline Portal, up to 150 million xp and the title Beginning's End for turning in a Progenitor Ingot. (6-day timer).
- Crystalline Markers - 5 New Crystal in the 130+ Crystalline Portal Dungeon (120 Million Reward)
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers were added. Theme is Crater Crasher.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New creatures to hunt, Coral Golems, Olthoi Swarm Mutilators, Armoredillos in the Valley of Death and Withered Atoll, Dark Isle Golems, and Burrowing Grievver and Grievver Violators
- Portal Space Research - The Test Portal is unstable so Marcus and Wren are unable to perform experiments this month. Doing the quest is no longer needed to access the Crystalline Crag.
- Rewards Updated:
- Experience reward increased from 2,000,000 maximum xp to 13,765,337 maximum xp - 20% at level 100.
- Helm of Gratitude armor level increased from 300 to 350.
- Experience reward increased from 2,400,000 maximum xp to 19,774,327 maximum xp - 20% at level 110.
- Fiun Spellcasting Gloves now enchantable.
- Killing Gaerlan yielded approximately 2,000,000 experience.
- Using Gaerlan's Phylacteric Prison yields 41,246,375 maximum xp - 30% at level 120.
- Iasparailaun reward remains the same with 15,000,000 maximum xp.
- First run experience reward increased from 17,206,671 maximum xp to ??.
- Repeat run experience reward increased from 6,132,586 maximum xp to 13,765,337 maximum xp - 20% at level 100.
- Blessed Spear of the Mosswart Gods reward remains the same with 3,441,334 maximum xp - 5% at level 100.
- First run experience reward increased from 18,397,757 maximum xp to 27,530,674 maximum xp - 40% at level 100.
- Repeat run experience reward increased from 6,132,586 maximum xp to 13,765,337 maximum xp.
- Component Exchanger - Inside each Mana Forge (Cragstone, Hebian-To, and Zaikhal)
- Ned the Clever - Found in a tent in Zaikhal at 13.4N 0.9E. (Tribute to Ned Cleversun, the inspiration for Maggie the Jackcat website.)
- PvP Arena Master - Near the PvP Arena in Baishi
- Shade of Ja'qu - in the Crystalline Portal 130+
- PvP Arena at 49.5S, 62.6E in Baishi (in town)
- This might be the same dungeon used for a live event a couple months ago. There were bodies of people killed by a Very Mad Cow inside.
- Apostate Nexus - Map - Found in the old Nexus Dungeon
- A massive crater has appeared near the Crystalline Crag. You cannot get into the Crater from outside but rather you must complete the 130+ Crystalline Adventurer quest in order to access a tunnel that leads to the crater. As of now the crater is unpopulated but a blocked tunnel is found in the crater. It will likely be the location of the next part of the Crystalline Adventurer series of quests.
- Doing the Portal Space Research Quest is no longer necessary to access the Crystalline Crag.
- Landblock for Crystalline Portal changed from 8603 to 8803.
- Landblock for Roost Dungeon changed from 8604 to 8802.
|Apostate Nexus Gateway||Aetheric Resonator||Aetherium Vault Key||Apostate Master's Broken Mask|
|Apostate Aetherium Deposit||Nexus Crawler's Mask|
- Beginning's End
- Crater Crasher
- Nexus Crawler
- Player Slayer
- Bathed in Blood
- I Am Darktide
- Darkness in the Light
Click image for full size version.
- Rand, Game Hunter tells you to hunt Armoredillos in the VoD and Withered Atoll. However, there are no Armoredillos in the Withered Atoll.
- Shadow-touched Virindi Paradoxs currently count toward the Armoredillo Game Hunter Kill Task.
- The name of the spell, ArenaMana, is missing a space between the words.