From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
Related topics: Player Versus Player
PKs are able to help and—unlike Non Player Killers—harm, kill and loot other players who have also coverted. Player killers appear as red dots on the Radar, hence the term “go red” as an expression for turning PK.
Although AC does not have content that is restricted to non-player killers only, there are some dungeons and quests that can only be accessed by a Player Killer (see below).
- Darktide is a PvP server, everyone who plays there automatically begins as a Player Killer.
- See the Darktide server page for links to allegiances, forums and other information.
Alternatives to Classic PK
- Introduced in the Groundswell event, Player Killer Lite allows players to harm each other without the penalty of Vitae or dropping items on death.
- Introduced in the From Darkness, Light event, Olthoi Play is a feature that gives players a way to jump straight into PK without the need to first acquire levels and equipment.
- Derethian Combat Arena Quest - (Darktide)
- The Forbidden Catacombs
- Land Control
- Mausoleums of Hate - (Darktide XP levers, now retired)
- Water of Stasis Quest
- Altar of Bael'Zharon Quest - Old Release quests to turn PK.
- Hollow Weapons - Weapons that ignore magical enchantments.
- The event which led to the Hopeslayer being freed from his crystal prison. Players had to turn PK and decide whether to defend the shard or destroy it.
Player Killer Arenas
- Derethian Combat Arena - (Darktide)
- Derethian Combat Pit - (Darktide)
- Greater Battle Dungeon
- Arena (PK)
- PK Arena
Click image for full size version.
Lore & Dialog
- Y'leric Loredane - One of the first Isparians to escape Asheron's protections and swear allegiance to Bael'Zharon.
- After using an Altar of Bael'Zharon:
You hear distant laughter of delight and welcome, as you join the ranks of those freed from Asheron's protective shackles by Bael'Zharon. You have become one of his Chosen, a Player Killer.