From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
May 2008 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received reports that there are new secret societies being formed. What can they be up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Fool capering around the Graveyard in the Direlands has been spotted summoning a portal to some armory. This bears investigation."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that some of the mainlanders that offered rewards for others to do their work for them have become more generous with their payoffs."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Bloodless queen wishes to bestow gifts of apology upon her people. You might as well visit Holtburg, Shoushi, Yaraq, or Samsur in order to take advantage of this - the more taken from her, the weaker she will be, right?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Our spies report that three scouts representing, perhaps, competing organizations have taken up stations around that Empyrean Graveyard in the Direlands."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are fish creatures raiding our shores! King Varicci commands that they be turned back!"
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received reports that the Tumerok known as Aun Aulakhe has decided to be more generous with the quest rewards he offers. It may behoove you to investigate."
- Town Crier tells you, "Our agents report that there is an Arcanum archivist named Jondor Torgren in Zaikhal may know something about those three scouts that have set up camps around the Empyrean Graveyard. If these scouts represent new powers in the realm, then certainly they must be investigated. Go see what this archivist is about."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are two Viamontian outposts afflicted by the Tainted Moarsmen. There are loyal servants in each location waiting to give you more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have reports that new secret societies have arisen, in response to the threat, or opportunity, posed by these ley line disturbances. It does not seem that they are recruiting new members... yet."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard that the Bloodless royal guards that offer bounties on the Burun Kings have made their rewards more substantial. While we discourage assistance of the Bloodless queen's minions, even if we are officially at peace, you may wish to seek them out."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Jester is looking for something. Perhaps now is a good time to persuade him to support King Varicci alone. See what he requires and extol the glory of our people."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Trustworthy sources claim that the Jester has been investigating buried structures in the Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some of the citizens of Dereth who offered rewards for adventurers to help them with quests have made their rewards more generous."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors report that three scouts with mysterious allegiances have established separate camps at the periphery of the Empyrean Graveyard. No word yet on why they are there."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors say that new secret societies have formed in Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "Queen Elysa has decreed that those affected by the instability of the world should be compensated from her coffers! Speak to a Royal Guard in Holtburg, Yaraq, Shoushi, or Samsur for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Monsters! Monsters have started to emerge from the depths! Asheron save us all!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There are four outposts which Queen Elysa considers under her control which have reported problems with the Tainted Moarsmen. In each location, someone has been given the responsibility of studying the new Moarsmen."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the guards who offer bounties on the Burun Kings have changed the rewards they offer. They are now prepared to be more generous."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have word that three scouts have shown up around the fringes of the Empyrean Graveyard. The Arcanum archivist Jondor Torgren of Zaikhal might know more."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Jester has asked for help retrieving a lost item in the Empyrean Graveyard."
- Town Crier tells you, "We also hear that Aun Aulakhe has decided to offer more generous rewards for the quest he seeks assistance with."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors say that new secret societies have formed, maybe because of all the things going on with ley lines. However, it does not appear that they are accepting new members... yet."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I was going to offer you a reward, like Queen Elysa's done. Then I realized I can't be as generous as she is because I'm dirt poor and I have to beg even for life's necessities, like frosty pints of stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "If you ask me, it's a day late and a pyreal short for those Royal Guards to change the bounties they were offering on the Burun Kings. Weren't these problems taken care of years ago? I mean, how silly is it, to think that people can just keep going back and killing the same poor dumb frog over and over again? Oh, wait, never mind."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, secret societies abound in Ispar. I myself am a proud member of the Order of the Full, Frosty Mug of Stout. That's a hint, kid. Bring me some stout and I'll show you our secret handshake."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "More monsters rising up out of the sea? Now they're all over the place! I know they're looking for me. Darned sea monsters, they're always after me lucky stout!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Why did someone release that crazy, lunatic nut-ball in the Graveyard? It wasn't you, was it? Because I'd hit you so hard, your face would recall to Ispar."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, you're a lifesaver, kid. Wish I could offer you rewards like Queen Elysa's done. I'll tell you what, I'll give you something if you pull my... No, wait, you probably wouldn't consider that a reward."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yeah, so I did tell you I'd show you our secret society's secret handshake if you brought me some stout... Well, uh, you don't have enough hands, kid. It's a very complex handshake."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So, I decided to share a mug of my personal stock with the newcomer in the Graveyard."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Turns out that the Jester doesn't drink. Says he never touches the stuff. Says he has to keep his guard up against the "lalalalalas," whatever those are."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Jester, the absolutely hands down nuttiest Siraluun I've ever met, said that drink clouds his perception!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know what I think. I think he's afraid it would do the opposite. I think if it quelled the crazy for a bit he would have to face everything he's done."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't trust someone who won't sit and have a drink and a chat with you."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I know all about those secret societies. They're all Virindi front operations. You'll see. You'll do all they want you to do, risk your life, sell your soul, and then, at the end, when you get inducted into the final circle of secrets, the Virindi will come out, turn your brains to applesauce, and slurp it right out of your skull with a straw."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "How do I know this? You don't want to know."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ho ho ho, I know what the Jester is about, finally. The cards, the long-lost lover, everything... He's just some fool who got in over his head with the casino bosses. Yep, I think we can blame Monty the Munificent and his cohorts for this. Oh, you say the Jester's been around for thousands of years longer than the casinos have been? Well, maybe I know something you don't know, kid. Nobody likes a know-it-all."
New UI and Game Changes
- Items with a cool down timer now display the remaining time as a bar that shrinks on the right side of the icon (instead of being grayed out as previously done).
- May 20th - +Crystal Creator spawned some Sentient Crystal Shards and Crystal Lords in Samsur. Afterwards the envoy handed out Jester Cards to players.
- A strange formation of crystals has been spotted east of Samsur
- Clutch of Kings - title tokens removed and xp reward updated. New Exp reward: ??
- Invoker Quest - xp reward updated. Old Reward: 4 million New Exp reward: 30% of level up to Level 100 (28 million).
- The Deep (Vissidal) - gold hand-in token and all desciple killtask tokens removed:
- Candrus Steady-Hand - 65.8S 45.3W just west of Graveyard
- Francisco the Hunter - 90.7N, 43.0W in Eastwatch
- Guard Al'Zira - in Beach Fort
- Guard Bey - 59.8S 88.2W in Ayan Baqur
- Guard Liaza - 40.8N 83.0W in Redspire
- Guard Taizo - 28.0S 95.5E in Tou-Tou
- Jawaq ibn Janath - 65.3S 42.3W east of Graveyard
- Joku Shunja - 60.1S 88.0W in Ayan Baqur
- Jondor Torgren - 13.6N 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Kousu Temo - 64.2S 44.0W north of Graveyard
- Marcus Danby - 23.4N 28.8W in Danby's Outpost
- Qurakh al-Taal - 59.9S 87.9W in Ayan Baqur
- Royal Guards - 42.1N 33.7E in Holtburg; 2.8S 19.5E in Samsur; 33.8S 72.5E in Shoushi; 21.6S 1.4W in Yaraq (among other locations) - Give Writ of Apology and rewards for orders from Royal Quartermaster.
- Royal Quartermaster - 2.8S 19.6E in Samsur
- Vierana du Canamorra - 60.0S 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Hurnmel the Smith - New location and new items.
- Ayan Baqur Moarsman Fort - 60.9S 89.8W just west of Ayan Baqur
- Beach Fort Moarsman Fort - 75.1N 49.6W south west of Beach Fort
- Blight Rat Bunker - 64.0S 44.2W on north side of Graveyard
- Blight Revenant Pit - 65.5S 42.2W east of Graveyard
- Congregation of Blight Spirits - 66.0S 44.7 on west side of Graveyard
- Danby's Outpost Moarsman Fort - 22.5N 30.6W near Danby's Outpost
- Eastwatch Moarsman Fort - 92.7N 42.5W north of Eastwatch
- Mhoire Armory (160+) - 64.8S 44.3W in Graveyard
- Redspire Moarsman Fort - 40.7N 86.4W west of Redspire
- Tou-Tou Moarsman Fort - 28.9S 92.6E southwest of Tou-Tou
You are eligible for a compensation item in return for our 2008 server problems. Please visit a Royal Guard in Holtburg, Yaraq, Shoushi, or Samsur for further instructions on how to claim your compensation.
- Speak to one of the Royal Guards to be given a Writ of Apology then travel to Samsur and purchase an order for your desired item from the Royal Quartermaster at 2.8S 19.6E.
- Give the orders to any one of the many Royal Guards for your compensation. One reward per character.
- You give Royal Guard Enhanced Health Elixir Orders.
- Royal Guard tells you, "Here you go - once again, sorry for the problems."
- Royal Guard gives you 20 Enhanced Health Elixirs.
- You give Royal Guard Enhanced Health Elixir Orders.
|Jester's Lost Marbles|
|Jester's Marbles||Jester's Marker||Spectral Ingot||ToDo List|
|East Armory Key||North Armory Key||West Armory Key||South Armory Key|
|Forge Vault Key||Forge Vault|
|Soul Bound Spectral Weapons|
|Spectral Binding Stone||Soul Bound Axe||Soul Bound Claw||Soul Bound Dagger|
|Soul Bound Mace||Soul Bound Spear||Soul Bound Staff||Soul Bound Sword|
|Soul Bound Bow||Soul Bound Crossbow||Soul Bound Atlatl||Soul Bound Casting Staff|
- Club of Surprising Cunning - now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- Club of Remarkable Cunning now does bludgeoning damage (instead of pierce).
- House Mhoire Shield - Updated with the new Mhoire symbol, see images below
Click image for full size version.
Some of these have been fixed.
- The Armory Captains inside Mhoire Armory frequently do not drop their key properly (both on ramps and on flat ground). Workaround using lockpick or killing again (best seems to fight it exactly where it spawns in middle of circular room).
- Do not use a Casting Stamped Spectral Ingot if you plan on making it permanent. Using a Spectral Binding Stone on it has no effect, so it still drops on death and will be lost after the 3 day timer expires. Reportedly envoys will increase the timer to 45 days if you submit a request via urgent assistance. (It may be due to a name collision, both the casting item and the staff item are called "Spectral Staff").
- Strength of Diemos (+45) is overriding Zongo's Fist (+50 Strength). To be fixed in June.
- According to Frelorn, the Corrupted Maidens are not supposed to be so hard to kill: "This is a bug. They have some stats that are not what we intended. I would recommend avoiding them until we can get a fix in place." -- Frelorn
- People are using an exploit to cause Pets to attack those around them. In the meantime anyone caught causing pets to kill others will be banned.
- The Spectral Ingot and Forge Vault Key have independent timers which means if you did not use the key right away for some reason you can be in a position where you can pick up a key and open the vault, but be unable to pick up the ingot out of the vault (and have to wait another week to get a new key to try again).
- The Spectral Atlatl currently has a wield req of 400 base, far higher than the comparable reqs for bow and crossbow of 360 (TW is also Coordination/2). Also it is possible the reqs were intended to be base reqs, they are currently buffed reqs (though perhaps not since they are still 160+ to wield).
- The spawn generators in the forts for the quest Moarsmen on the Shores are occassionally bugging and causing double spawns. Due to the large numbers that can barely move it causes extreme lag. The image shows the radar outside and inside the temple.
- The Pack Aerbax contains an error in it's description stating "The Pack Grael can be placed on floor and yard hooks."
- Coral Encrusted Chest description: "A treasure chest encrusted by coral, appearing as it [sic] it had been lost at sea for a long, long time..."
- Foolproof Yelow [sic] Topaz Orders
- Jester tells you, "Of course excruciating pain or death aren't really something I understand to [sic] well anymore... I'm sure it will be fine."
Hotfix May 28th
- Corrupted Maidens can now be hit by attacking players.
- Pets will no longer be able to attack players.
- The Soul Bound Caster no longer has a lifespan and no longer drops on death.
- Spectral Caster and the Soul Bound Caster no longer have the Armor Cleaving property.
- The spell Strength of Diemos will no longer override the effect from Zongo's Fist.
- The Supremacy spell no longer overrides the Leadership other 7 spell.
- The Aerbax Pack doll now has the proper description.