From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
Dec 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 1,767k (Client: 4,504k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard of Phials that Fester? I think it's a band name, couldn't really imagine what else everyone could be talking about."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports that the Societies have expanded their activities lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports that the Societies have made it easier to move through their ranks."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of adventurers finding broken Mana Forge Keys. I told them that crystal wasn't a good material for making keys..."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin sent me a new shiny blue greatsword to hang on the wall of my apartment. Don't be mocking my apartment; we town criers don't make enough to pay the maintenance costs on a cottage or villa."
- Town Crier tells you, "The people in charge of alternate currencies seem to make all of the advancement. Always something new to buy, I'd suggest you check up with the vendors who work for these people frequently."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Societies seem to be making a push to control one of the more dangerous islands."
- Town Crier tells you, "Were I to see a killer phyntos I'd turn and run the other way."
- Town Crier tells you, "Alchemy is making great advancements. I guess the Arcanum finally got to work, years of relatively small changes and suddenly they're finding ways to make your life easier through alchemy. And it costs less too!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Everyone's been upgrading their old weapons. I've been keeping a list and I've seen assault weapons, quiddity weapons and singularity weapons that all seem to be more powerful than they used to be."
- Town Crier tells you, "Honey, from phyntos?! I would have never imagined it. Always thought they were only wasps... Check out Freebooter if you want to see it for yourself."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have been told that the Societies have sped up their researches, and this has, in turn, made it possible to advance through the ranks of the Societies at an increased rate."
- Town Crier tells you, "It appears that the Societies have built small forts on Moarsmen City. I'm not sure what they're up to but you might want to go check it out."
- Town Crier tells you, "There have been several rumors floating around of adventurers finding shattered Mana Forge Keys in the Gear Knight Invasion Area in the Direlands. If you think you could fix one, it may be worth checking out."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Singularity really keeps up with the times. It would seem that you can now receive a Singularity Greatsword for two handed combat!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Armor Upgrade Kits, Weapon Upgrade Kits, where's my Ale Upgrade Kit?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I was looking at a palm tree today and I had a strange feeling that it was the first time I had seen it. I'm sure I've seen these palm trees a thousand times before, hangovers are the worst."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been experimenting on what happens when you give phyntos wasps ale, you don't want to see the results."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Pure liquid fester, I wonder what that tastes like..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "See! See what the Virindi have brought on us now?!? First Applesause, now killer robots!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm working on upgrading my stein to hold more ale."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Phial? I always thought Grenade was a better name. Don't ask me what that means, just something that came to me in a dream."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So now those Societies have spread onto Moarsmen City. Why would anyone want to be there? Those foul smelling Moarsmen, the extreme heat, and not a single coconut from all those palm trees. I suppose they could play count the grains of sand to pass the time."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "And those supply cages they have, I swear I should be able to fit between the bars but I just can't. It's too much to think about I need another drink."
- Gain entrance to Lord Mhoire's Castle using defender's brands. After going to the Ancient Stones at 66.5S 44.7W in the graveyard and using them, you will be given a scroll and a Strange Jewel. The scroll can be translated in Zaikhal and reveals that there are 3 champions of House Mhoire, who guard the way into the castle with magical seals. The scroll gives clues as to the location of the three guardians. The first guardian is Lady Saliane. Her tomb is at 65.0S 44.2W. She spawns with several guardians when you use the Strange Jewel and has a Frost Wave spell similar to Lord Mhoire's Flame Wave. Lord Hendrel at 66.6S 45.2W. Lord Trimere at 65.1S 45.5W. Each champion drops 3 brands. They can be respawned instantly using the Strange Jewel. More details here.
- Defend Society forts on Moarsman Isle by talking to the fort commander. It will spawn a continuous wave of Moarsmen/Sclavus. The fort guards help you. Reward: 50 Million Exp, 25 Ribbons, 4 Tokens. 2 Day 20 Hour timer. More details here.
- After completing defense, the fort commander will give you a quest to attack other society forts. The goal is to steal supplies from each of the other societies. The supplies are locked in the cage area that comprises the back wall of the forts. The door is locked (diff 600) and can be picked. The key is a random drop by any of the defenders. The reward is another 50 Million Exp, 25 Ribbons, and 4 Tokens. 2 Day 20 Hour timer. More details here.
- Retrieve 10 rings from remains, 25 Million Exp, 1 Mhoire coin, 20 hour timer. More details here.
- Kill 10 statues, 25 Million Exp, 1 Mhoire coin, 20 hour timer. More details here.
- Search for faction members that have fallen to the new phyntos wasps on Freebooter Isle and recover damaged commendation ribbons that can be exchanged for Commendation Ribbons. No timer. More details here.
- Kill 20 Phyntos Larva for 15 million xp, 4 Trade Tokens, and 20 Commendation Ribbons.Three day timer to repeat. More details here.
- Kill 50 Killer Phyntos Drones, Killer Phyntos Swarms, and Killer Phyntos Soldiers for 50 million xp, 4 Trade Tokens, and 25 Commendation Ribbons. Three day timer to repeat. More details here.
- Kill Killer Phyntos Drone, Killer Phyntos Swarms, and Killer Phyntos Soldiers to collect randomly dropping Phyntos Honey and turn in 10 for 25 million xp, 4 Trade Tokens, and 15 Commendation Ribbons. Three day timer to repeat. More details here.
- Kill Killer Phyntos Hives that drop a Hive Splinter on the ground every time and turn in 10 for 15 million xp, 4 Trade Tokens, and 15 Commendation Ribbons. Three day timer to repeat. More details here.
- Kill the queen for 50 million xp, 4 Trade Tokens, and 25 Commendation Ribbons. Three day timer to repeat. More details here.
- Armor of Darkness Updated - armor is no longer attuned.
- Chimeric Quiddity Weapons Updated with Two Handed weapon.
- Hidden Presents Seasonal Quest that was reactivated from 12/21 to 12/31 however due to a repeat timer bug it will be available again next patch.
- Knights of Karlun flagging fixed, Breastplate of Karlun now ivoryable.
- Quiddity Weapons Quest Updated with Two Handed weapon and Weapon Upgrade Kits.
- Singularity Weapons Updated with Two Handed and new upgraded versions of all others.
- Societies of Dereth Updated - timers on all tasks reduced to 3 days.
- Spectral Weapons Updated with Two Handed weapon.
- Singularity Weapons Updated with Two Handed weapon and Weapon Upgrade Kits.
- Tumerok Banners/Assault Weapons Updated with Two Handed weapon and Weapon Upgrade Kits.
- Alderic - Celestial Hand Stronghold
- Crafter of Greatblades - 32.0N, 43.2W (Virindi Crafters)
- Fort Commander (Celestial Hand) - 92.1S, 50.3W near Moarsman City
- Fort Commander (Eldrytch Web) - 91.4S, 53.8W near Moarsman City
- Fort Commander (Radiant Blood) - 93.6S, 51.8W near Moarsman City
- Ghali al-Fariq - Radiant Blood Stronghold
- Haruki - Eldrytch Web Stronghold
- Jonathan - Eldrytch Web Stronghold
- Kenji - Radiant Blood Stronghold
- Khanldun - Celestial Hand Stronghold
- Mik - Radiant Blood Stronghold
- Narris - Celestial Hand Stronghold
- Shade of Antemy - Mhoire Castle Northeast Tower
- Shade of Fordroth - Mhoire Castle Northeast Tower
- Shade of Ormend - Mhoire Castle Northeast Tower
- Yoked Virindi - Moss Chamber
- Zahid al-Din - Eldrytch Web Stronghold
- Colosseum Coin Collector, Hisham al-Evv, Hurnmel the Smith - many new items added to inventories of special vendors (skull only at Hurnmel)
- Mhoire Castle Courtyard - Map - 64.6S 44.1W
- Mhoire Castle - Map
- Mhoire Castle Great Hall - Map
- Ancient Stones - 66.5S 44.7W in Graveyard
- Freebooter Phyntos Wasp Hive - Map - 63.1S 97.5E (Freebooter Isle)
- Eldrytch Web Nyr'leha Beach Fort - 91.4S 53.8W (Moarsman Isle)
- Radiant Blood Nyr'leha Beach Fort - 93.6S 51.8W (Moarsman Isle)
- Celestial Hand Nyr'leha Beach Fort - 92.1S 50.3W (Moarsman Isle)
|Faction Beach Forts|
|Celestial Hand Supply Cage Key||Celestial Hand Supplies||Eldrytch Web Supply Cage Key||Eldrytch Web Supplies|
|Radiant Blood Supply Cage Key||Radiant Blood Supplies|
|Shattered Mana Forge Key|
- Alchemy Gems - Making alchemy protection gems now yields twice as many. Also:
- Aqua Vitae - Stack size increased from 125 to ???.
- Pyreal Mote - Now create 15 Aqua Vitae instead of 5.
- Pyreal Sliver - Now create 30 Aqua Vitae instead of 10.
- Pyreal Nugget - Now create 75-90 Aqua Vitae instead of 25-30.
- Pyreal Bar - Now create 150-165 Aqua Vitae instead 50-55.
- Quality Ingot - Now create 375 Aqua Vitae instead 125.
- Knight of the Northwest Tower
- Knight of the Southeast Tower
- Knight of the Southwest Tower
- Champion of House Mhoire
Alchemy and Gearcrafting Updates
- Alchemy Gems updated:
- Motes now create 3x the Aqua Vitae as they did before.
- Making alchemy protection gems now yields twice as many.
- Alchemical Throwing Phials updated:
- Stack size increased from 50 to 250.
- Burden Decreased from 15 to 10.
- Value of crafted phials reduced by 50%
- Value (cost) of uncrafted phials reduced by 50%
- Fester phials added (created with Health Oil).
|Iron Phial of Fester||Copper Phial of Fester||Silver Phial of Fester||Gold Phial of Fester|
|Pyreal Phial of Fester||Platinum Phial of Fester||Empowered Platinum Phial of Fester||Mana Phial of Fester|
- Major, Moderate, and Minor Gearcrafting Armatures now stack.
- Loot generated Trinkets now accept new salvage types and items:
|Salvaged Copper||Salvaged Ebony||Salvaged Gold||Salvaged Leather|
|Salvaged Linen||Salvaged Moonstone||Salvaged Pine||Salvaged Porcelain|
|Salvaged Satin||Salvaged Silk||Salvaged Silver||Salvaged Teak|
Click image for full size.
Example of new Skeleton Slayer GY token.
- The gargoyle that summons the entrance to Mhoire Castle can become inoperative if someone uses the gargoyle without a key to Lord Cynreft's Tomb and the quest flag for the Mhoire Castle opening quest.
- (Portals have been created to Mhoire Castle at Hebian To for those who are already flagged.)
- Once someone has summoned the shade of Rytheran from the throne they will not be able to summon him again if they repeat the quest. They will need someone who has never summoned him before.
- The gargoyle that summons the entrance to Mhoire Castle doesn't take the strange jewel when you complete the initial quest.
- The Fire gargoyle in the elemental gargoyle test fails on one of the quest paths. It's the path where it's Air Water Fire Earth.
- Mhoire Castle Portals don't have radar dots.
- The quest giving Ormend in Mhoire Castle doesn't actually tell you how many rings you need. (It's ten.)
- The Killer Phyntos Queen does not respawn after she is killed unless the landblock is cleared and allowed to reload.
- Quiddity staff currently strikes for Frost/Fire and should be Bludgeoning. The damage is also too low.
- Players who ran the Gift Box quest last year may find that they "complete" the quest before discovering all 12. This will prevent the effected players from getting their full number of gift boxes.
Unofficially acknowledged issues:
- Epic Sword Aptitude items were messed up along with the Epic Gearcraft fix where only the mislabeled items were supposed to have been changed.
- Armor of Darkness is no longer attuned, however it still has the ivoryable property. Adding Ivory to a piece would wield-req attune it to a single character.
- The Ultimate Singularity Greatsword does less damage than its inferior version the Bound Singularity Greatsword.
- The Defneder's [sic] Mark of House Mhoire burns with blue flame and you are transportd to the Northeast Tower of Mhoire Castle -- spelling of "Defender"
- "As you disturb the statue its eyes burn with flame. It's [sic] voice whispers in your head." -- the "it's" should be "its", just like the first one.
- From Supply Saboteur quest: "You hand over all of your Celestial Hand Suppliess [sic]."
- When speaking to NPC for final reward of Castle of Lord Mhoire Quest: "You hand over 10 of your Rytheran's Jeweled Rings." (should be 1 ring)
- Shade of Ormend tells you, Thank you, champion. the spirits that own these cursed rings will be allowed to rest peacefully for a time. Allow me to reward you." -- "The" should be capitalized.
- Narris tells you, "We're studying their honey to see if it will reveal anything about their aggressvie [sic] nature."