Friend and Foe
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
August 2005 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Antius Blackmoor offers his thanks to all who helped push the Viamontians back from Zaikhal. They are still a threat to that city, but not such a vital and impending one as they once were."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do yourself a favor; if you run across a woman named Xsao Lann, stay away. That lady's crazy."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen one of those new Pitcher Plants? Frightening, hideous things, I say."
- Town Crier tells you, "How's that Violet Ball treating you? Didn't I give you one a few months ago? I think I did, but I'm not sure. I talk to so many folks these days. It's hard to keep you all straight."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that the Hea town of Ahurenga is being plagued by thefts..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have seldom pitied a race of creatures more than I pity the Fiun. To hear their tale, oh it makes the heart weep. And let me tell you, if you have little taste for tales of the tragic, do not speak with Fiun Gaya. I still feel horrible when I think of the story he told me."
- Town Crier tells you, "I just received a report from Einrik Gaul. It seems the Withered creatures near the Singularity Caul have expanded their base of operations. I certainly hope this expansion doesn't continue."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you go out and about, I recommend you stay far away from the Singularity Caul. Rumor has it that the Order of the Raven Hand has moved in and set up shop."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports that a crew of bandits have set up an impregnable fortress atop a spire in the Direlands. The Queen has asked her guard to confront those bandits for certain crimes they have committed against the realm, but none of them have yet figured out how to scale that spire."
- Town Crier tells you, "Jin Ghao is stationed at Danby's Outpost. He needs people to help him find the truth of these rumors about Fort Tethana. If you desire to aid the Queen, you should speak with him."
- Town Crier tells you, "Shadow Hunter Sarkin Killcrane of the Knights of the Golden Flame has been stationed in Wai Jhou. He has long been a friend of the realm, so I stopped by for a visit, but all he wanted to talk about was the happenings upon the Singularity Caul."
- Town Crier tells you, "Speaking of crazy people, have you met Surloshen? I have seldom had a more uncomfortable conversation than the one I had with him."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is a name I have heard whispered amongst those who study the occult histories of Auberean. I know not what it means, but everyone I have asked about it turns white with fear and cautions me to lower my voice. The name... the name is 'Grael'. See what you can find out about it."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's a young man named Jacob who resides in Arwic. I hear he needs help retrieving an item from his corpse. I swear, it's a wonder these newcomers aren't all running around naked and weaponless."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are tales of a Sclavus who has kept a ten thousand year vigil in the swamp by his master's tomb, somewhere in the Direlands. Ten thousand years! Imagine what the swamp air must do to the skin after all that time!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There is a small gang of skeletons out by Arwic who have established a new outpost. I wonder what sort of assault they might be planning. Wait, do skeletons plan anything? Do they have brains? And how do they move?"
- Town Crier tells you, "This certainly is a strange world."
- Town Crier sighs.
- Town Crier tells you, "Who would have thought plants would thrive on sausage? This certainly is a world of wonders."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word has it the commander of Fort Tethana has been seen in strange company. The rumors are - and I hate to say this - that Viamontian Knights have passed freely through his lands. What could that man be planning?"
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- Loot System: New types of weapon introduced for each weapon skill.
- Baton (Magic Caster)
- Board with Nail (Mace)
- Claw (Unarmed Combat)
- Compound Bow
- Compound Crossbow
- Dericost Blade (Sword)
- Glaive (Spear)
- Lancet (Dagger)
- Lugian Hammer (Axe)
- Slingshot (Thrown Weapons)
- Stick (Staff)
- Ricardo's Blood Gem (Ricardo's Blood Gem)
- Counterfeit Writ
- His Master's Voice
- Lost Pet
- Farmer Kao's Plea for Help
- Fort Tethana Tug of War
- Grael's Rage
- Hea Bone and Hide Shirt Quest
- House Plants
- Jacob's Axe Quest
- Lunnum's Pyre
- Sepulcher of Nightmares
- Haleatan Beach Camps
- The Hunt for Muldaveus
- Tunnel of Love Quest
- Worn and Battered Weapons
- Arctic Mattekar Kill Task
- Blood Shreth Kill Task
- Deathcap Thrungus Kill Task
- Dire Mattekar Kill Task
- Ebon Gromnie Kill Task
- Floeshark Kill Task
- Grievver Violator Kill Task
- Iron Spined Chittick Kill Task
- K'nath An'dras Kill Task
- Littoral Siraluun Kill Task
- Mosswart Worshipper Kill Task
- Mottled Carenzi Kill Task
- Naughty Skeleton Kill Task
- Olthoi Ripper Kill Task
- Polardillo Kill Task
- Polar Ursuin Kill Task
- Plate Armoredillo Kill Task
- Tukora Lieutenant Kill Task
- Repugnant Eater Kill Task
- Wicked Skeleton Kill Task
- Withered Weapons Quest - crossbow, staff and UA weapon added.
- Shanrek the Forger in Bandit Castle
- Camp Blacksmith
- Chef Jonus
- Edobar the Esoteric
- Farmer Kao
- Fiun Gaya
- Hea Kassoka
- Jacob Durstan
- Jin Ghao
- Commander Kurth (Friendly Human form)
- Sara Sen
- Sarkin Killcrane - 61.9S, 51.5W in Wai Jhou
- Ssavashka the Devoted
- Xsao Lann
- Soldier (Fort Tethana)
- Soldier 1 (Renegade Incursion)
- Soldier 2 (Renegade Incursion)
- Surloshen Realaidain - 99.7S, 96.7W on Caul
- Kill Task NPCs:
- Agent of the Arcanum - Now accepts a Crate of Fake Niffis Pearls in exchange for a Writ of Refuge.
- Merchant (75.5N 10.6E) - Now sells Torn Journal Page - Page 2.
- Blue Coral Reef
- Creepy Canyons - 4.6N, 89.5W, northwest of Fort Teth
- Crypt of Adhorix
- The Fazenda Caves
- Font of the Eternal Harvester
- Forger's Hideout - 76.0S, 67.1W, south of the Obsidian Plains
- Hagra's Holdfast
- Lost Coastal Archive
- Lost Desert Archive
- Pheraion's Sanctum
- Renegade Incursion
- 5.9N, 69.0W - Viamontian Camp
- 32.5N, 66.1E - Skeleton Fort
- 72.3N, 17.0W - Banderling Camp
- 83.2N, 54.6W - Ruschk Camp
- 85.3N 55.0W - Ruschk Camp
- 84.5N 53.2W - Ruschk Camp
- Caul Island
|Baton||Board with Nail||Claw||Compound Bow|
|Compound Crossbow||Dericost Blade||Spine Glaive||Lancet|
|Lugian Hammer (Loot)||Slingshot||Stick|
|Ricardo's Blood Gem|
|Blue Blood Gem Fragment||Green Blood Gem Fragment||Red Blood Gem Fragment||Large Blood Gem Fragment|
|Blood Gem of Rikt Zir||Squalid Leggings|
|Blue Coral Reef||Blue Coral||Fake Niffis Pearl||Official Agents of the Arcanum Notice|
|Crate of Fake Niffis Pearls||Scribe's Quill (Red)||Scribe's Quill (Green)||Scribe's Quill (Yellow)|
|Scribe's Quill (White)|
|His Master's Voice|
|Crypt of Adhorix Portal Gem||Pillar of the Eternal Harvester||Tomb of Adhorix||Tomb Rubble|
|Tome of Blood and Bone|
|Lost Pet (Text)||Darling's Collar||Ursuin Toy|
|Farmer Kao's Plea for Help|
|A Farmer's Plea for Help||Farmer Kao's Feed Bag||Farmer Kao's Shovel||Farmer Kao's Water Bucket|
|Farmer Kao's Gardening Gloves||Head of Fazenda Terror||Decorative Ursuin Head|
|Fort Tethana Tug of War|
|Knight's Stash||Tethana's Response||The Queen's Missive||Tethana's Price|
|Blade of the Realm||Renlen's Grace||Fort Tethana Portal Gem|
|Untranslated Song of Grael||Untranslated Grael Rebellion||Untranslated Dreams of Salt and Ash||The Song of Grael|
|The Grael Rebellion||Rage of Grael Gem|
|Hea Bone and Hide Shirt Quest|
|Hagra's Treaty||Head of Big Chief Hagra||Hea Bone and Hide Shirt|
|Red Monster Seed||Orange Monster Seed||Yellow Monster Seed||Red Monster Sprout|
|Orange Monster Sprout||Yellow Monster Sprout||Monster Sundew||Monster Fly Trap|
|Monster Pitcher Plant||Fertilized Sundew||Fertilized Fly Trap||Fertilized Pitcher Plant|
|Jacob's Axe||Axe Head Helm|
|Black Marrow Keyring|
|Lunnum's Pyre (Text)||Story of Lunnum's Pyre||Chest (Fiun Gaya)||Pool of Glacial Water|
|Fiun Hatchet||Great Frost Tree||Ice Log||Purified Ice Log|
|Ruschk Fire||Smoldering Ice Log||Luminous Robe|
|Tunnel of Love Quest|
|Butterscotch Suckling||Iron Chest||A Letter From the Heart||Surloshen's Helm|
|Haleatan Beach Camps|
|Ruschk Camp Sightings||Leatherworking Chest Key||Blacksmithing Chest Key||Blacksmithing Supplies|
|Leatherworking Supplies||Fine Leather Scraps||Fine Metal Scraps||Squalid Shield|
|Withered Weapons Quest Update|
|Wretched Crossbow||Soulless Staff||Lifeless Knuckles|
|Worn and Battered Weapons|
|Dirty Old Crate|
- Curse of Raven Fury - "Drains half the caster's health and projects a ring of vicious energy outwards. When struck, the target's health is reduced by 200% of the amount drained from the caster."
- Scroll of Raven Fury
Click image for full size.