Crystal Minds and Shattered Souls
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
This is a 3 part quest to gather 3 crystals for research. The first 2 specimens give you small xp, however, the final crystal will get you 200 million. You will fight lots of level 160 chain casting Golems in this quest.
- Speak to the "Student" NPC in Glenden Wood at 29.9N, 27.1E
- Head to the Dark Tree Crystal Mine near Danby's Outpost at 24.8N, 31.3W
- Inside the mine, run through to the southeast corner of the dungeon and find a Mining Storage Chest to loot the Dark Tree Crystal (there are 2 chests, and the item inside respawns quickly so this is group friendly)
- Speak to the lugian Lartorus at 42.6N 62.4E to be teleported into a warehouse, then give the Dark Tree Crystal to Aun Talamura.
- You will then be flagged to enter the Warehouse Annex Mine, enter it and find an Obsidian Excavation Golem near the end which drops the Valara Crystal (drop rate is about 1 in 4). Return to the warehouse via a portal near where the golems are located. Give the Valara Crystal to Aun Talamura.
- Tip: Hug the left wall and it will eventually get you to the bottom of the mine.
- Take the surface portal. It will portal you to a Misty Mine. Navigate your way to the bottom to find an Ancient Chest, which contains An unknown crystal (again, there are multiple chests and items inside respawn quickly).
- Note: Throughout this dungeon, there is what can only be described as an extremely bright psychedelic disco-ball effect. It is extremely bright and extremely annoying. If you suffer adversely from certain visual effects, you may want to exercise caution here.
- Take the unknown crystal back to the "Student" in Glenden Wood to complete the quest and receive 200,000,000 xp.
|Dark Tree Crystal Mine||24.8N, 31.3W||--||5649||--||--|
|Warehouse Annex Mine||--||--||574C||--||--|
|Dark Tree Crystal||An unknown crystal||Valara Crystal|
|Mining Storage Chest||Ancient Chest (Misty Mine)|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give the Dark Tree Crystal to Aun Talamura||600,000xp||
|Give the Valara Crystal to Aun Talamura||800,000xp||
|Give the Unknown Crystal to the Student||200,000,000xp||
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Lore & Dialog
Student tells you, "Hello. I am a student of Nuhmudira. Nuhmudira is still enlisting the services of Isparians in obtaining some rare compounds and crystals necessary for her research into Lifestones. Dark Tree Crystal and Valara crystal are critical to this research."
Student tells you, "If you could aid us in this endeavour we would be most grateful. To obtain Dark Tree Crystal you should go to a mine northwest of Fort Danby. Then, bring the Dark Tree Crystal to an ancient Empyrean dungeon we are using as a storage warehouse. It is located northeast of the Eotensfang Cottages settlement- you may journey there via the settlement portals near Arwic. A fellow student at that location can portal you into the facility. Give the crystal to the person overseeing the warehouse. I wish you safe tidings."
Lartorus tells you, "You have some crystals to deliver? Go."
Aun Talamura tells you, "Welcome to our storage facility. We are using this Empyrean place as a warehouse for crystals and materials Nuhmudira needs for her research and instructing us."
You give Aun Talamura Dark Tree Crystal.
Aun Talamura tells you, "Good, one of the students sent you. Nuhmudira requires this. Thank you."
Aun Talamura tells you, "Now if you would be willing to obtain some Valara crystal, you can find it nearby. This Empyrean facility is adjacent to another complex which is guarded by Golems. Some hold a crystal known as Valara crystal. Its properties are useful to Nuhmudira in her research. The portal to that complex is just down the corridor. Return directly here through the portal you find in the dungeon."
You've earned 600,000 experience.
Aun Talamura tells you, "I cannot get up yet. Did you bring Valara crystals? Nuhmudira will certainly need them now! Someone hit me from behind... The crystals have been taken, we have been robbed!"
You give Aun Talamura Valara Crystal.
Aun Talamura tells you, "Ow, my head! I was knocked down... the crystal supplies were stolen! I did not see who it was. All right, I'll take the Valara... you go through the surface portal and alert the guard. There was a student here a minute before you, I sent him there also."
You've earned 800,000 experience.
Aun Talamura tells you, "Did you let someone know what happened here?"
Timorous tells you, "What is happening? This is not the right place. I just came from the warehouse. We should not have arrived here. I sense danger! Are you going further? I'm staying here!"
Timorous says, "The portal took us to the wrong location!"
Timorous says, "I came from the warehouse. What is this place?"
Timorous says, "This is wrong. What happened?"
Student tells you, "Someone just informed me there is a problem at the warehouse. Perhaps you could go check?"
You give Student An unknown crystal.
Student tells you, "What is this? It is a crystal I do not recognize. I will make sure that it gets to Nuhmudira! Did you see what happened at the warehouse? We know not what occurred but many of the crystals that were collected for Nuhmudira are gone!"
You've earned 200,000,000 experience.
Student tells you, "We are still trying to determine what happened at the warehouse."
Student tells you, "How are things with you?"
- Originally, there were 10 students with one one in each town. During the A Perfect Paradox event, the student in Glenden Wood became the only one left.
- During the From Darkness, Light event, the creatures were updated in the various dungeons, and the experience reward for the final crystal was increased from 900,000 to 80,000,000.
- During the Learning From Experience event, the experience reward for the final crystal was increased from 80,000,000 to 200,000,000.