Bandits of the Creepy Chambers
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ Lore & Dialog ___|
- [OPTIONAL] - Speak with Xanda Har at 61.8S, 51.3W Wai Jhou. Following her instructions, purchase The Bandits of the Creepy Chambers rumor from Goku Bai-Akane the Barkeep in town.
- Travel to the Creepy Chambers located at 80.0S 60.0W. The portal can be tied and summoned.
- From drop, go north and take second hallway on the right. Go south a long ways until you come to a ramp leading north that goes down into a large room. Stick left and you will come to a large room with a lever in the middle that opens a door in a side area on the north side. From there there's only one way to go.
- Near the exit portal is an Armoredillo Key on the floor. There are five chests (one in each of the large rooms), but only the one in the western, octagonal room contains the Spinning Staff of Death. The chest is marked "Quiet waterside contemplation, mother and pup together..."
- Keep the staff if you like it, otherwise you can turn it in to Xanda Har in Wai Jhou for an xp reward (she does not return the staff). The reward is 20% of your next level but is capped at 3.5 million. The staff is givable and the key is on a 6 day timer. The staff's damage is excellent compared to a treasure generated 350+ base wield staff, and is one the few staves that deals slashing damage.
|Creepy Chambers||80.0S 60.0W||--||004A||--||--|
|The Bandits of the Creepy Chambers||Armoredillo Key||Spinning Staff of Death Chest|
|Spinning Staff of Death|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give the Spinning Staff of Death to Xanda Har.||3,500,000xp||
5% up to level 101
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Click image for full size version.
Lore & Dialog
Town Crier tells you, "I was chatting with Xandra Har of Wai Jhou yesterday. She's convinced that some bandits in the southern Direlands are developing a new super-weapon. She's looking for people to retrieve it for her."
Xanda Har tells you, "Hello! Say, I don't suppose you could help me out with a small favor? I've heard that there's this group of bandits out in the wilderness, a bit south of the Obsidian Rim. Rumor has it that they're stockpiling treasure and ... well, doing something strange with creatures. Either breeding them or worshipping them -- no one is quite sure which."
Xanda Har tells you, "But it's the treasure that I'm interested in! And my curiosity is just killing me! I even heard that they might have some sort of super weapon!"
Xanda Har tells you, "Will you go and see what you can find out for me? I think their lair is called the Creepy Chambers. The barkeeper here sells a rumor with better directions than I can give you. And if you can find that super-weapon, bring it back to me! I'll reward you!"
You give Xanda Har Spinning Staff of Death.
Xanda Har tells you, "What's this? You found this in the Creepy Chambers, eh? Wait ... *this* is the bandit's super-weapon? Well shoot! No, no, it's fine... it's just -- I'm not a staff warrior. I was hoping for a sword."
Xandar Har tells you, "Well, I did say I'd reward you. Thanks anyway, I guess."
You've earned 3,500,000 experience.