Arm, Mind, Heart Quest
From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
|Walkthrough ___ Maps ___ Rewards ___ Images ___ Dialog ___ Update History|
Gotrok raiders have stolen sacred totems from the Linvak Tukal, retrieve them from each encampment to receive gifts from the Linvak Lugians.
Linvak Tukal Entryway
- Go to 76.7S, 28.0E - Linvak Tukal Entryway - ACMaps
- Work your way to the end and slay the Lugian Commander. Loot the Lugian Armor.
- Give Lugian Armor to Master Ulkas for the Bastion of Tukal.
First Raider Camp
- Go to 80.8S, 37.6E - First Gotrok Raider Camp. Shortcut: Sourthern Park (Qalaba'r)
- Kill the Master of the Hunt for the Lugian Scepter. Kill the Lieutenant Master of the Hunt for the Cloth of the Arm.
- Give Lugian Scepter to Master Ulkas for the Scepter of Might.
- Give the Cloth of the Arm to Aurutis for the Sleeves of the Arm.
- Use the Calm Strength on the Sleeves of the Arm (Light Weapon Skill check) to create the Sleeves of Inexhaustibility.
Second Raider Camp
- Go to 87.2S, 27.3E - Second Gotrok Raider Camp. Shortcut: Brigand's Bay Settlement (Qalaba'r)
- Kill the Gotrok Montok Commander for the Lugian Crest. Kill the Gotrok Montok Lieutenant for the Sceptre of the Mind.
- Give Lugian Crest to Master Ulkas for the Crest of Kings.
- Give the Sceptre of the Mind to Aurutis for the Staff of the Mind.
- Use the Benevolent Calm on the Staff of the Mind (Mana Conversion Skill check) to create the Staff of Clarity.
- [Optional] Complete Aerbax's Prodigal Lugian, then give the Staff of Clarity to Aurutis for the ENHANCED Staff of Clarity.
Third Raider Camp
- Go to 67.9S, 32.8E - Third Gotrok Raider Camp. Shortcut: Mattekar Slopes Cottages (Qalaba'r)
- Kill the Master of the Gotrok for the Lugian Pauldron. Kill the Lieutenant of the Gotrok for the Blade of the Heart.
- Give Lugian Pauldron to Master Ulkas for the Helm of the Crag.
- Give Blade of the Heart to Aurutis for the Spear of the Heart.
- Use the Strong Benevolence on the Staff of the Mind (Heavy Weapon Skill check) to create the Spear of Purity.
|Benevolent Calm||Calm Strength||Strong Benevolence||Cloth of the Arm|
|Lugian Scepter||Lugian Armor||Lugian Crest||Lugian Pauldron|
|Sleeves of the Arm||Blade of the Heart||Spear of the Heart||Sceptre of the Mind|
|Staff of the Mind|
|Arm, Mind, Heart||Lugian Scout Report|
|Linvak Tukal Entryway||76.6S, 28.1E||--||029C||--||--|
|Bastion of Tukal||Crest of Kings||Helm of the Crag||Sleeves of Inexhaustibility|
|Scepter of Might||Spear of Purity||Staff of Clarity|
Click image for full size version.
Aurutis gives you Lugian Scout Report.
Aurutis tells you, "The raiders are striking hard now. They are fearful of our efforts to reach out to the Isparians. We have lost three of our most sacred totems due to their depredations. The Cloth of the Arm, the Sceptre of the Mind, and the Blade of the Heart must be found to ensure the continued stability of Linvak Tukal."
Aurutis tells you, "Our scouts have compiled information as to the whereabouts of the raiders' encampments into this report. You may find it useful in retrieving our totems. Kifandel the Imbuer now carries the Book of the Arm, Mind, and Heart, which records the words of Lauriagne, our first Matriarch. Read her words you will understand why the recovery of our totems is of the utmost importance to us."
Aurutis tells you, "I've recently made some improvements to the Sleeves of Inexhausitibility, the Staff of Clarity, and the Spear of Purity. If you would like to have one of these items, I will gladly improve it."
Master Ulkas tells you, "Greetings, soft one. I am Ulkas, Master smith of Linvak Tukal."
Master Ulkas tells you, "My Lord has given me the right to craft items as a reward to those who bring trophies from exceptionally strong Lugians."
Master Ulkas tells you, "My skills have grown over the past few years. If I made an item for you in the past, I would be happy to improve it for you."
Handing in Items
You give Master Ulkas Lugian Armor.
Master Ulkas tells you, "This is indeed armor from one of the Gotrok Leaders. On behalf of Linvak Tukal, I bless you with this gift."
Master Ulkas gives you Bastion of Tukal.
You give Master Ulkas Lugian Scepter.
Master Ulkas tells you, "This is one of the old artifacts of station within our ranks. Because of your valor in smiting the thief, you may keep it as as symbol of trust. But here, let me fix it for you."
Master Ulkas gives you Scepter of Might.
Master Ulkas Lugian Crest.
Master Ulkas tells you, "This is one of the treasures stolen from our vault by the Gotrok! Thank you for it's return. In order to show my appreciation, I will forge you a replacement."
Master Ulkas gives you Crest of Kings.
You give Master Ulkas Lugian Pauldron.
Master Ulkas tells you, "This is the pauldron of one of the Gotrok generals! I have been studying the other soft ones in the area, and have tried to master your armorsmithing ways."
Master Ulkas tells you, "Here is one of my first models. I hope you like it."
Master Ulkas gives you Helm of the Crag.
You give Aurutis Cloth of the Arm.
Aurutis tells you, "My brethren of the Arm will be very glad to see this returned. Tukal has a debt to you, little Isparian. The Tukal Elders have authorized me to have sleeves fashioned from some of our most talented crafters. Here, take these Sleeves of the Arm. While they are not quite suitable for use yet, if you can find one of our emissaries we sent to the Isparian Arrival points, they may have something of use for you."
Aurutis gives you Sleeves of the Arm.
You give Aurutis Sceptre of the Mind.
Aurutis tells you, "My people are strong. But in the immortal words of General Casarius, "Strength alone cannot win me this war. My mind must tell me where to strike." Returning the Sceptre of the Mind brings peace to many of our kin who follow the way of the Mind. The Tukal Elders have authorized me to have a Staff formed by some of our most talented crafters. I present you with this Staff of the Mind. It cannot be used yet, but if you come across one of the emissaries we sent to the Isparian Arrival points, you may be pleasantly surprised."
Aurutis gives you Staff of the Mind.
You give Aurutis Blade of the Heart.
Aurutis tells you, "Do you ever wonder why we have a blade as our totem of the heart? My brothers who believe in the Path of the Heart preach this to the uninitiated, "Trust your heart like you would trust your blade. Use it in the cause of righteousness and none can withstand you. Leave it unguarded and you shall know the final sorrow." I thank you for mending this breach in our heritage. One day maybe we can take the fight to these outcasts. To show our thanks, the Tukal Elders have authorized me to have this Spear made by some of our most talented crafters. It is not quite ready to wield, but if you come across one of my gem-crafting brethren who have been sent to the Isparian Arrival points, you may find this item to be of great value to you."
Aurutis gives you Spear of the Heart.
When first introduced, this quest was much more intricate. To complete the quest, one would first have to go to the Linvak Tukal Entryway and kill the Lugian Commander. This would spawn the lugians at the first raider camp. In order to spawn the second camp, the first one would need to be killed, and same for the third camp. The Commander would not respawn unless the camps were all defeated. This caused issues as people would sometimes only spawn up to the camp they needed to get their desired item, leaving the quest in an unfinished state.
- "The Lugians seem to lose their courage after the death of their commander. Some of them fall back to regroup with their second in command, the Master of the Hunt."
- "The Lugians become disheartened at the fall of their leader! Many of them run for the hills to their next encampment..."
- "The Lugians seem to lose their courage after the death of their commander. Frantic, they fall back to their last staging ground."
- "Infighting erupts among the Lugians as they see their leader's body collapse to the ground. Linvak Tukal is safe from the depredations of the Gotrok until another leader arises to unite them once again."
In addition to the spawning order, creation of the Sleeves of Inexhaustability, Staff of Clarity, Spear of Purity did not require Axe, Mana Conversion, and Spear skill respectively as they do now. Instead, the sleeves required Mana Conversion skill, the staff required Spear skill, and the spear required axe skill. Since the trophies were attuned/bonded, this required people to drag someone else along to get their reward, or temporarily training a skill to complete their item.
When the quest was redesigned, the spawning pattern and restrictive skill requirements were removed. In addition, all the items were updated.