From Asheron's Call Community Wiki
Related topics: Skills, Crafting
Alchemy allows you grind gems and stones in powders, create health and mana potions, and create oils to enhance fletching and cooking.
- In To Raise a Banner of Flame, Alchemy was updated with the ability to craft dispel potions out of Chorizite.
- In Twilight's Gleaming, Dyeing was introduced, a process that requires Alchemy in combination with Cooking.
- In The Changing of the Ways, Alchemy crafting was greatly improved with the addition of concentrated ingredients.
- In The Widening Gyre, Alchemy was updated with the ability to craft Trade Health Elixirs and Trade Mana Elixirs.
- In Into the Darkness, Alchemy was updated with the ability to craft Alchemy Gems which when used cast the protective and regenerative self spells of Life Magic.
- In A New Threat, Chorizite Dispel Potions were each increased by two levels enabling the creation of level VI and VII dispels.
- In Dance of the Dead, level 7 Alchemy Gems could now be crafted.
- In Evolution, Alchemy was updated with the ability to craft Alchemical Throwing Phials which when thrown at a target cast the vulnerability spells of Life Magic.
- In Gaining Ground, both the alchemy crafted gems and the throwing phials were updated. Motes yield three times as much aqua vitae, and crafting gems now yields twice as many. Throwing phial costs were cut in half, stack size increased to 250, burden per phial decreased to 10, and fester phials were added.
Alchemy has had a long history in playing a role in quests, including the crafting of Atlan Weapons and Isparian Arms.
| Magic Skills
||Arcane Lore, Creature Enchantment, Item Enchantment, Life Magic, Mana Conversion, Void Magic, War Magic
| Combat Skills
||Finesse Weapons, Heavy Weapons, Light Weapons, Missile Weapons, Two Handed Combat
| Secondary Combat Skills
||Dual Wield, Dirty Fighting, Recklessness, Sneak Attack, Summoning
| Defense Skills
||Magic Defense, Melee Defense, Missile Defense, Shield
| Crafting Skills
||Alchemy, Armor Tinkering, Cooking, Fletching, Item Tinkering, Lockpick, Magic Item Tinkering, Salvaging, Weapon Tinkering
| Miscellaneous Skills
||Assess Creature, Assess Person, Deception, Healing, Leadership, Loyalty, Jump, Run
| Retired Skills
Appraise Armor, Appraise Item, Appraise Magic Item, Appraise Weapon, Axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Gearcraft, Mace, Spear, Staff, Sword, Thrown Weapons, Unarmed Combat